Forum Index

A place for the OMMRA members to chat

PortalPortal ForumForum About MiniMotoAbout MiniMoto

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Proper Race Shoes/Boots

Previous topic :: Next topic  
Admin
Administrator

City: Angus
Female Capricorn (Dec 22- Jan 19)

PostPosted: Tue 4 Aug - 21:45 (2009)    Post subject: Proper Race Shoes/Boots Reply with quote

Sebastien is in need of proper racing shoes as his hiking boots are a little wide and he is scraping them in the corners.  I think this is hampering him from leaning very much as he feels them scrape and then straightens up (confirmed by James at Sutton!).  I remember on the old forum there were places listed where you could buy these type of shoes.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  A lot of the stores I know around here are for dirt bike / atv gear.  If anyone has any used ones, size 5, that we could buy, that would be good as well.

Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 4 Aug - 21:45 (2009)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Admin
Administrator

City: Angus
Female Capricorn (Dec 22- Jan 19)

PostPosted: Thu 6 Aug - 21:56 (2009)    Post subject: Proper Race Shoes/Boots Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the replies.  Nick, I appreciate the tips on how Sebastien's foot placement should be.  He was practicing yesterday doing circles and learning to lean and he was scrapping his foot pegs so I think he is getting the hang of it.  At home he just wears his runners when riding so I will get him to try the foot placement with those and see how that works.  He's not quite at the scrapping his knee level yet but if he can get his positioning correct, that shouldn't be far off!  I searched online for the Stylmartin shoes and didn't find anyone around Toronto that had them, only one in Quebec.  I will see how it goes with his runners for now and wait before spending the big dollars on the proper shoes as he will outgrow them fast (he's just turned 7)!

lotus7
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: Sat 8 Aug - 09:44 (2009)    Post subject: Proper Race Shoes/Boots Reply with quote

The cag style bike does have its footpegs mounted lower than some other bikes which means compared to another kind of bike at the same lean angle the cag pegs will contact the ground before the other kind of bike does.

If you can imagine a straight line drawn from the front axle to the rear axle and then see where the footpeg is in relation to that line(below or above)The higher the peg is above that line,the more lean angle before the peg hits the ground and vise-versa.

With some work the stock pegs can be modified to be mounted higher and gain an inch.There may also be some aftermarket cag pegs as well that deal with this.

Sounds like he is well on the way to becoming a pocketbike superstar by the age of 10 Exclamation Question Okay

RKnight

City: Bolton
Male

PostPosted: Tue 11 Aug - 18:42 (2009)    Post subject: Proper Race Shoes/Boots Reply with quote

Just to let you guys know Styl Martin boots are BACK so just talk with Ritchie and im sure he can get you a pair
Frank R. #118
'The Medic'
Team CSV Racing
Team NITRO Racing
GRC RR AC BZM 50cc 5T
GRC RR LC BZM 40cc 5T

Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 21:52 (2019)    Post subject: Proper Race Shoes/Boots

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Stuff -> Gear All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation